Training & Apprenticeship
Daniel P. Sullivan Coordinator/Director
John M. Pine Jr. Ass’t Coordinator/Director
Dorothea Blalock Office Manager
Sabrina DeFeo Secretary
Operating Engineers Local 542 JATC
1375 Virginia Drive Suite 206
Fort Washington, Pa 19034
Phone (215) 591-5282
Fax (215) 591-5286
Terms of Apprenticeship
Basic Apprentice Applicant Requirements
- Applications for class beginning Spring 2018 will be taken during the month of November 2017 beginning November 1 through November 30. Office hours for application vary per District Office.
- Offices will be closed Thursday November 23, 2017 and Friday November 24, 2017
- Applicants will be taken 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM on Wednesday November 22, 2017
- To find your District click on Union in website, then Districts, find your District then select it on right for address and phone number.
- District 1 Office will take applications Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Applicant must apply at the District Office for the county in which they reside.
- Applicant must be a minimum of 18 yrs. of age.
- Applicant must bring a valid drivers license and have dependable transportation.
- Application fee by money order for $10.00. No checks. No cash.
Certifications required in first year of program
- Commercial Driver License A or B
- Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) www.tsa.gov/twic
- These are credentials you can begin to work on as you wait for our testing/interview process that takes place Spring of each year.